Voting is now open for the VeloVixen-sponsored Total Women’s Cycling Awards, with winners set to be announced at the London Bike Show in January.
16 categories are open to the public to vote on, with each designed to recognise both the nominees and winners for their outstanding contribution to women’s cycling over the past 12 months. Of the 16 categories, 14 Awards will be solely voted for by the public, allowing them to share their views and opinions, from ‘Cycle Clothing Brand of the Year’ to ‘Women’s Cycling Personality of the Year’.
Two of the Awards, ‘Unsung Cycling Heroine’ and ‘Outstanding Achievement’, will be voted for by the public with the winner deliberated by a prestigious judging panel, consisting of key women within the cycling industry.
James Carter, director at Factory Media, said: “Having built the website to 100,000 visits a month, we see the Total Women’s Cycling Awards as the logical next step to let our audience have a say in shaping the future of
women’s cycling. Through editorial coverage on the site servicing everyone from the early entrant to the pro participant, we believe we can offer the most rounded view from female cyclist’s in the UK.”
Voting, which is found here, will close at midnight on January 19th, 2014. The categories are:
1. Bike Brand of the Year
2. Cycle Clothing Brand of the Year
3. Independent Cycling Retailer of the Year
4. Cycling Retail Chain of the Year
5. Online Cycling Retailer of the Year
6. UK Cycle Venue of the Year
7. UK Cycling City of the Year
8. Cycling Initiative of the Year
9. UK Cycling Event of the Year
10. Women’s Cycling Event of the Year
11. Women’s Cycling Blogger of the Year
12. Women’s Cycling Team of the Year
13. Pro-Rider of the Year
14. Women’s Cycling Personality of the Year
15. Unsung Cycling Heroine
16. Outstanding Achievement Award