Website The Bike Project
Title: Senior Technician
Job Location: The Bike Project, Old Print works, Moseley Rd, Birmingham, B129AH
How to apply: Via website – https://thebikeproject.co.uk/jobs/
ABOUT THE BIKE PROJECT
Founded in 2013, our mission is simple – to match up refugees and people seeking asylum with the thousands of abandoned and unwanted bikes in the UK.
Having fled persecution and war, people arriving in the UK and seeking asylum are banned from working and must live off £6.43 a day, and people who are lucky enough to receive refugee status often face unemployment.
It costs us £150 to provide a refugee with a bike of their very own. A bike can be truly life-changing, more than just a free form of transport, a bike brings joy, freedom, confidence, health and community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you passionate about cycles and technical repair work? Are you passionate about helping people and providing a service for people who need it? The Bike Project are looking for a Senior Bicycle Technician to service and repair cycles, ensuring the highest standards of quality are kept.
- To repair and service on average a minimum of 8 cycles per week.
- To carry out all repairs to standards outlined by the site manager
- To complete final checks and feedback on the refurbishment quality of colleague’s work
- Practice Leadership – take the lead in coordinating crucial processes, such as weekly bike donations and volunteer support, in-house technical training, technical support logs, and post-delivery repairs, ensuring the efficient operation of our workspace.
- To share knowledge and expertise with staff and volunteers to encourage active growth of skills
In addition to being what we believe is a great place to work, we offer the some great benefits! You can find a full job pack and person specification on our website.
If you’re a skilled technician who’s passionate about cycles and dedicated to maintaining high-quality standards, we’d love to have you on our team. Join us in making a difference by getting more people on bikes.
The official closing date for applications is 8th December 2023, however we may carry out interviews as applications are received. Therefore we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
To apply for this job please visit thebikeproject.co.uk.