The BikeBiz jobs board filled over 550 positions in 2018, and listings are still on the rise. Here’s our latest top five…
Workshop mechanic – full-time – Stif Mountain Bikes
The mechanic will be primarily working with high-end full-suspension mountain bikes. With this in mind, Cytech qualifications are advantageous, but most importantly, you’ll need experience of servicing, repairing and building full-suspension mountain bikes. Personal experience of fork and shock servicing, wheel building as well as bearing changes is essential. You’ll need to take an active part in the ordering of necessary parts for both repair jobs and general workshop stock. Keeping the workshop environment clean, tidy and well-organised is an important part of the role.
Bicycle mechanic – Cycle Superstore
Are you energetic, passionate about your work, a people pleaser, lover of all things bikes, with a drive for retail excellence? Cycle SuperStore, Ireland’s largest bicycle store, is looking for someone to join its team as a full-time bicycle mechanic – immediate start.
– Experience working on high-end road bikes and e-bikes. Should also have knowledge about the software used on e-bikes and electronic groupsets
– Strong organisational skills
– Provide advice to customers
– Will display a keen eye for detail and consistently deliver excellent in-store standards
– Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
– Outgoing enthusiastic and friendly personality
– Must be a fluent English speaker
Fulfilment operative – Le Col
Le Col is offering a role in its Hayes warehouse. We are seeking a highly organised and motivated warehouse fulfilment operative to work with the e-commerce and wholesale team to manage the e-commerce fulfilment process in a timely manner.
Key responsibilities include:
– Fulfilment of e-commerce and wholesale orders:
– Picking and packing
– Order despatch
– Managing the return process and checking compliance with the return policy
– Verifying correct application of barcode labels and boxing
– Manage order fulfilment for wholesale customers, organise carrier collections and liaise with couriers to ensure timely delivery of merchandise
– Organising and managing stockroom
– Ensure accuracy in the physical verification of stocks and verification process in the stock management system
– Run regular counts of stock and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors
– Offering general support and assistance to the e-commerce team
– Provide support to other stock related administrative duties
Marketing content and social media maverick – Orange Bikes
Located in Halifax, West Yorkshire, Orange Bikes is firmly established in the cycle industry as a leading manufacturer of high-end bicycles, dating back to 1988. We are looking for a talented individual to come and join our dynamic team. You’ll be creative and a strong team player. Have an instinct for writing and sharing engaging content that resonates with audiences. You will have already gained 3-5 years’ experience as a writer, social media or content marketing specialist. Creating and writing the best digital content to raise the profile of the Orange Bikes brand, reinforce the company’s status as an industry thought-leader and increase its following and rankings across all digital channels.
Bike guide – Free Motion
We are expanding in our tour department and want to add one more bike guide capable of leading group rides, to our team of highly passionate and professional bike guides. The applicant needs to share our passion for cycling, be committed to his/her work, offer great professionalism and reliability, entertain and be able to keep everyone safe and happy on the tours. The right candidate will be someone who wants to be part of our team and get involved in the development of one of the largest bike centres in the world.