Here’s the full Nike press release:
Nike: The 10//2 Lance Armstrong Collection
You may have heard of 10//2. What is 10//2?
"October 2, 1996. The day it all changed. The day I started never to take anything for granted. The day I learned to take charge of my life. It was the day I was diagnosed with cancer." -Lance Armstrong
One day. Everyone has one. The day that changed their life. For Lance Armstrong that one day was October 2nd – 10/2 – the day he was diagnosed with cancer. That day he became a patient and started becoming a survivor. For Lance, 10/2 is carpe diem day, a day to overcome adversity and reaffirm life.
Nike’s 10//2 collection is a line of product that is inspired by Lance Armstrong’s celebration of life. Offering a variety of high performance technical cycling wear and lifestyle products, 10//2 celebrates the two sides of Lance – the fanatically driven and the totally casual – while acknowledging the significance of that day.
Of course, yellow plays a pivotal role in the 10//2 collection. Yellow is Lance’s color – the color of the jersey he’s won a record six times, and the color of the hope he shares with the world through his foundation. Nike integrated yellow throughout the line through incorporating a yellow band on the products. The Lance Armstrong Foundation will receive US $1.00 for each 10//2 product sold.
Nike 10//2 Performance Jerseys
The long sleeve, short sleeve and sleeveless cycling jerseys are each thoughtfully designed with the essential features you’d want when your day’s about the bike. Each performance jersey features:
· 100% Nike Dri-FIT that wicks moisture away from the body to keep you cool and dry
· Mesh inserts at the arms and back of neck for enhanced breathability
· An 18-inch invisible zipper that allows for added ventilation
· Signature yellow band at the left cuff
· 10//2 graphics sublimated on both front and back.
Nike 10//2 Performance Short
The technically designed bibbed cycling short is extremely comfortable by using the latest synthetic chamois for cushioned, chafe-free riding. Additional features include:
· U-panel construction in 190-gram nylon spandex
· High-performance multi-density chamois for maximum comfort
· Lycra spandex straps with mesh inserts for enhanced comfort and breathability
· Signature yellow band at left leg
Nike 10//2 Windfront Vest
The 10//2 Windfront Vest provides essential windproof water-resistance for the core when cooler, moist conditions prevail. It’s the perfect addition to a cyclist’s kit. Additional features include:
· 100% microfiber polyester is water-resistant and windproof offering superior protection from the elements
· Open-mesh back for enhanced breathability
· Extra high collar offers greater wind protection
· Full zip front
· Signature yellow band at left arm
Additional items in the 10//2 collection include: Cap, Gloves, Messenger Bag, Fleece Hoodies, Tees and a Polo Shirt. The 10//2 collection can be purchased online at http://www.niketown.com. The 10//2 performance technical cycling wear can also be purchased at Nike Cycling Authorized Dealers and online at www.nikecycling.com in July.