Website Wildside Cycles
Workshop Manager Role
About the Role :
We are now looking to recruit an experienced Workshop Manager for our busy Store In Tunbridge Wells. If you are an experienced bike mechanic with supervisory experience keen to take the next step in an exciting and dynamic environment, wanting to share your passion for all things bike, then Wildside Cycles wants you. You will need to ensure that bikes leave your workshop ready for optimum performance and ensure you and your team offer great customer service, as well as demonstrating exceptional technical knowledge.
- Leading and managing the workshop team and providing support to the Store Manager.
- Managing the daily repair workload and delegating to team of mechanics & bike builders ensuring high quality of work.
- Training and development of Mechanics and Bike Builders to company expectations.
- Workshop diary management and monitoring lead times to ensure growth of customer base and workshop efficiency.
- Ability to navigate POS/DMS systems and attention to detail when managing part orders.
- Constant review of stock levels, part orders and organisation of the stock room.
- Demonstrate a high level of product knowledge, supplier brands and use of B2B websites.
- Ability to form quick yet realistic estimations for completing jobs within a customer’s budget.
- Organised in keeping customers informed on any complications or price changes throughout job process and efficient in settling completed jobs with any outstanding balances.
- Generate profit and meet quarterly targets set by the Managing Director and Store Owner.
- The ability to carry out all types of servicing at the most professional level.
- Work in conjunction with the Store Manager on the Rota to ensure the right coverage of workshop staff across the working week.
- Maintain a clean and organised workspace and workshop team adhere to this.
- Maintain high Health & Safety standards and adhere to all Health & Safety policies.
- Follow all risk assessments and safe systems of work relevant to your role.
Our Workshop is an extremely busy one, so you need to be able to handle pressure and excel under it. For us at Wildside we pride ourselves on ‘Top Quality Repairs and Customer Service’, we like to think we go that extra mile for all our customers. You should take extreme pride in your work and only ever accept the best from yourself and other staff. You might currently be working another busy Workshop in a different area and be looking to re-locate to the Garden of England Kent.
20 Days Holidays per year plus Bank Holidays
Immediate Start available .
- Cytech 2 & 3/equivalent qualification (desired but not essential).
- Previous workshop manager experience (bike, car, or motorcycle industry).
- Brand Specific Trained / Up to date with the latest cycling technologies.
- Experience with all brands of groupset, electronic (Di2/AXS) and mechanical.
- Great Communication Skills/Organisation.
- Customer Service/Phone Manner.
- Leadership Skills.
Wildside Cycles, has been established well over 30 years. We are a large and well know busy Independent Bicycle Shop in Kent, we stock some great brands , Specialized, Colnago, Scott etc. Seamus & Daniela are the current owners and took over the business in April 2017. We have since added some great new brands and lines. We are both very keen cyclists and everything cycling is our passion .
We believe Wildside is a nice place to work and like to truly look after our staff.
We would love to hear from you if interested or you have any further questions.
How to apply: please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: £25-£40K DOE
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.