Website Cycling Projects (Trading as Wheels for All )
Job Location: Tendring – Essex
Salary: From Sept 22 – Sept 25 , FT position £26,000 – £28,000 (dependent on experience)
This exciting new role will manage a major new disability cycling project in Tendring in Essex. The Tendring Wheels for All Project will be one of the largest disability cycling projects in the country and will be part of the Essex Pedal Power programme which is levelling up cycling across Essex.
Over 35,000 people in Tendring have a disability or long-term health condition, and there is a large elderly population in the district. This new project will focus on creating regular inclusive cycling opportunities for the target audience of disabled people and people with long-term health conditions across Tendring.
The project is led by Cycling Projects, trading as Wheels for All and supported by a number of partners. The purpose of the project is to give everyone, regardless of ability, the chance to cycle by offering regular sessions at mini-hubs and through outreach and taster sessions.
We are seeking a Project Manager to manage, co-ordinate and deliver this innovative three-year disability cycling initiative. You will be responsible for delivering a comprehensive project plan of cycling sessions and opportunities across Tendring that meets the needs of the target audiences to make cycling fun, safe, and sociable.
- Partnership building with a broad range of existing and potential new partners.
- Understanding the need and demand from the target audience and partner organisations.
- Delivering inclusive cycling activities needed and appropriate for the target audience.
- Creating an effective training and mentoring programme to effectively deliver the project outcomes and targets
- Supporting the creation of sustainability models, ensuring longevity of the project.
Post holder will be Responsible for:
- The creation of an effective inclusive cycling offer, across the communities of Tendring.
- The delivery of good quality and well received inclusive cycling sessions.
- The launch of a regular offer of cycling activities to meet the needs and requirements of the target audience.
- The creation of cross sector partnerships bringing together transport, leisure, education, children’s services, adult social care and the health sector.
- Identifying the need for appropriate and accessible cycling infrastructure to meet the needs of all project participants, leading to a sustainable network of inclusive cycle infrastructure supported with an effective range of behavioural change programmes.
How to apply
Please request an application pack by emailing – email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.