Website Julian House
Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We run several projects and every year we help thousands of people out of homelessness, into employment, away from domestic abuse, and more.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, you could be who we’re looking for!
Job Role: Sales and Cycle Mechanic
Salary: £20,435 – £21,637 per year
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Trowbridge, with occasional travel to our Bath Workshop
- Saturday shifts, 2 or 3 a month depending on the needs of the business.
- Flexibility to travel to our Bike Workshop in Bath
The successful Sales and Cycle Mechanic will service, maintain, repair, build and sell bikes. You will provide excellent customer service and working with colleagues and volunteers to develop the business and support the work of Julian House.
- Service and repair of customer bikes to a high standard
- Refurbishment and renovation of used bikes for resale to the public
- To ensure that necessary levels of parts and other stock are ordered and accounted for
- To ensure the security and safe running of the workshop, including opening and closing the workshop, operating of till and cashing up
- Support with the setting up and running of on-line shop, website and social media
- Deliver the accredited Build-a-Bike course to clients with a range of support and learning needs, including a full health and safety briefing
- In partnership with the Employment Support Worker and where relevant a key worker, support individual clients in becoming “job ready” and in taking up education, training and employment opportunities
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Experience in bike building and repairs
- Customer service experience
- Experience using simple IT and paper based administrative systems
- CyTech level 1 and 2 in Bike Maintenance or equivalent (desirable)
You can find the full job description here.
There are many great reasons to join our team!
- Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
- Wellbeing related support and advice and up to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 27 after 3 continuous years of employment
- 30% staff discount at Julian House charity shops
- 20% staff discount at Julian House bike workshops
- A generous and competitive pension scheme
- Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments through our Simply Health Scheme
- A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact us so that we can let you know how we can support you.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about this role, please get in touch with Dannielle Holroyd (Resourcing Assistant) on 07960142019. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
To apply for this job please visit julianhouse.peoplehr.net.