Silverfish is a leading private equity backed UK based importer of cycling equipment dealing with an extensive range of performance driven products including some of the finest bikes, components, clothing, and accessories in the world.
We have been supplying the best bike shops in the UK since 1999 and we are fortunate to be partnered with many of the best brands in the industry such as Fox, Race Face, Easton, Yeti Cycles, 100%, SDG, Marzocchi, Michelin and more!
We pride ourselves on our range of high-quality products and the quality service we offer our customers.
Silverfish has ambitious plans to continue its remarkable growth journey within its existing territories of UK, Germany, Austria, and Benelux, as well as exploring opportunities with new brands, in new territories and adjacent categories.
The Sales Agent is critical to support the extensive network of IBDs in London and will be responsible for all sales activities and growth for assigned brands in Greater London, namely Michelin, Birzman, Peaty’s, Ride Concepts, 100, Occam, Back Country, Easton, Race Face and Skratch Labs.
This role will involve managing customer relationships and ensuring all our dealers receive the level of customer service synonymous with Silverfish.
The specific expectations of this post will include, though not be limited to:
- Establish, develop, and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the territory to generate new business.
- Demonstrate technical selling skill and product knowledge that allows the Sales Agent to give effective presentations of the product range of Silverfish UK.
- Make telephone calls, in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinate sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, and logistics.
- Analyse the territory/market’s potential and determine the value of existing and prospective customers.
- Work in partnership with Internal Sales colleagues to grow and support accounts.
- Keep up to date with products in the market and their application, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through the reading of relevant literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within the territory.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented.
- Maintain contact with all customers in the market area to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- This is an entirely commission-based role for an independent self-employed sales agent.
- Staff Discount on Silverfish products is available.
To apply for this job email your details to Sarah.Laing@silverfish-uk.com.