Website PAU Run & Ride
RETAIL STORE MANAGER & BUSINESS LEADER
PAU Run & Ride are looking to recruit an experienced Retail Store Manager to lead the team at our Blakemere store which includes a cycle maintenance workshop and is also the hub for our website enquiries and orders. As a company our objective is to wow customers with fantastic, high quality product ranges and exceptional customer service.
This is a hugely exciting opportunity for a dynamic and capable business leader to become the face of our growing brand in Blakemere, near Northwich. The successful candidate will lead the store team, supervise operational and organisational standards on the shop floor and be responsible for demonstrating and embedding our core values with our retail and workshop teams. Your duties will include developing business strategies, managing staff, meeting monthly sales targets and maximising customer satisfaction, as well as monitoring inventory levels, and undertaking associated store admin tasks. You will embody what PAU stands for in your can-do attitude, motivating management style and demonstrable knowledge of the running and cycling industry.
A full time, permanent role of approx 40 hours per week delivered over 7 days and including weekends and bank holidays (on rota, typically working 5 days out of 7). Annual leave entitlement of 28 days per annum inclusive of bank holidays.
We want the best, so we’re offering a starting salary of £25000pa which is open to negotiation for the right candidate. We also offer staff benefits including generous staff discounts on all our product lines.
Responsibilities and Duties
As our new store manager you’ll be required to:
Manage our brand:
- promote, develop and embody our brand image
- use our social media channels to actively promote the company, the store, our products, events and opportunities
- know our products and our customer base inside out
- manage our store with passion and enthusiasm
- present yourself to your team as an inspirational and talented leader
- demonstrate a clear focus on delivering exceptional customer service
- respond to customer feedback and concerns in a professional manner
Manage your team:
- recruit, train and develop new team members
- coach your team to continually hone and develop their selling skills
- motivate and encourage the store and workshop teams to meet challenging sales objectives
- understand how to identify and when to deal with performance issues, know when to offer support and when to take definitive action
- train your team effectively in all areas of the business and accurately identify and act to fulfil training needs
Manage the store’s ongoing financial wellbeing:
- know your numbers and speak confidently about showroom performance and KPIs
- deliver the numbers through training and coaching
- monitor inventory levels, source and procure new products
- maintain operational compliance with all company procedures and demonstrate a sound understanding of all processes
- contribute to the creation and delivery of business strategies to attract new customers, increase store traffic, and enhance profitability
- prepare detailed reports on buying trends, customer requirements, and profits
- manage showroom budgets and maintain financial records.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in a managerial role within a retail environment is a key requirement
- Previous experience of selling high-value products is preferred
- Ability to present written and numerical information accurately and in appropriate formats using Microsoft programs
- Excellent understanding of what exceptional customer service looks like
- A strong work ethic and commitment to growing your store and team in line with business objectives.
#retail #cycling #running #blakemere #PAU
How to apply: email CV to Operations Manager Andy.gray@PAU.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to Andy.gray@PAU.co.uk.