Website ASSOS London Boutique
Based in Ticino, Switzerland, ASSOS of Switzerland was founded by Toni Maier in 1976. A rider himself and descendent of a cycling-obsessed family, Maier understood the value of experimentation, product innovation, and relentless improvement. While working on his design for the first ever carbon bicycle frame, Maier discovered in the wind tunnel that the prevailing cycling apparel textile of the day, wool, had high drag. After this discovery, he borrowed technology from the ski racing industry and developed the first ever Lycra® cycling short. Within a year of its introduction, a large portion of the professional peloton adopted this technology and the ASSOS brand was born.
By 2015, the ASSOS brand became synonymous with quality, innovation, and exceptional performance which was coveted by amateurs and professionals alike. The family-run business, with its meticulously nurtured product development process and clear industry R&D leadership, was then acquired by a group of investors who were passionate cyclists and had a vision to grow the business to be as big as its formidable reputation. The current leadership in Ticino remains deeply committed to the company’s origins and continues to focus the brand on developing the highest performing cycling apparel in the market.
Now almost 50 years after it was founded, ASSOS of Switzerland is more determined than ever to provide the most premium and highest-performing equipment within luxury cycling apparel with one objective: to transform the rider.
About the role:
Owing to continued growth, we are currently recruiting for a part-time Retail Sales Assistant to join our team in the UK. The role will be based at our ASSOS flagship Store situated on Regent Street, London, and will report directly to the Store Manager.
At ASSOS we believe in cycling. Our products are ‘made in cycling’ meaning that we place cycling at the heart of everything we do. Our London Regent Street Store is an all-encompassing experience, upon which cyclists can rely on for expert advice regarding clothing, routes, training, recovery, and injury management – provided by us and our specially selected partners.
As our Retail Sales Assistant you will be expected to:
- Play a leading role within the team of ASSOS product experts working in our Regent Street Store.
- Assist the Store Manager in planning and implementation of in-store initiatives to maximise brand engagement to grow and maintain the ASSOS customer base.
- Ensure that the product is merchandised and presented, consistently communicating the premium nature and technical excellence of the product.
- Lead by example with exemplary product knowledge, the successful candidate must show willingness to learn all technical aspects of our products and how to correctly size a customer giving the full ASSOS experience.
- Play a pivotal role in organising customer facing events and initiatives.
- Maximize sales volume, contribute to sales and sales analysis.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Two or more years retail experience working with premium, luxury or sporting goods.
- A passion for cycling, sports and fitness and an understanding of what motivates sportspeople and cyclists specifically.
- First class customer service skills.
- The ability to prioritise, delegate, and multi-task.
- Availability to work weekends.
- Willingness to travel on occasion.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary.
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme.
- A product allowance & access to preferential pricing.
- The opportunity to make your mark at an iconic, exciting, and growing brand.
- A young and fun working environment
- The chance for the right candidate to thrive.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.