Website Swift Cycles
Swift Cycles is one of London’s leading cycle retailers. With a specialism in road cycling, triathlon and bike fit, our friendly, approachable staff have worked extremely hard to establish a strong reputation for excellent knowledge and great customer service.
To support our busy store we are looking for a Purchasing and Web controller. This is a key, multi faceted role that will challenge you on a daily basis.
What we need from you:
Essentially you’ll be responsible for carrying out all purchasing functions to support the store’s sales team and busy workshop. To do this, you’ll need to build and maintain good working relationships with all of our suppliers.
Once we have the stuff to sell, we’ll rely on you to tell our customers by maintaining our website so that it accurately reflects the range of bikes and products we carry.
You’ll be working with great brands such as Argon 18, Cannondale, Cervelo, Focus, Orbea and Trek. You’ll also get to shape our offering by making recommendations in terms of brands and products to stock in store.
This is a great opportunity to either enter or grow your experience in the cycle retail sector as well as gain a deep understanding of the products, systems and processes that drive a busy retail store and key in terms of setting the store up for future success.
Experience and Skills (these are nice to have – we’re more interested in the person than well crafted CVs and we’ll give you as much training as is required to do the role):
- Previous experience in a purchasing or merchandising role a bonus
- Familiarity with trending bicycle brands and product categories
- Experience working with POS and/or ERP systems and familiarity with replenishment protocols
- An understanding of the purchasing/invoice and returns cycle
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and an ability to extract and analyse sales data
- Understanding of SEO best practice and Google Adwords
- Experience with Google analytics
- Keen interest in cycling
- Team player
- Communication skills – both with other staff members, customers and suppliers
- Self motivated – work without supervision
- Keen eye for detail
The position is for a Purchasing and Web controller and includes:
Market leading salary
Generous staff purchase scheme
Location in bustling East London near Spitalfields Market
Please apply with your updated CV and salary expectations – telling us why you would be a great fit for this role to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.