Website Fairlight Cycles
Job Title: Operations and Purchasing Manager – Fairlight Cycles
Reporting To: Directors
Salary: £Negotiable – depending on experience
Location: Haringey, North London
FAIRLIGHT CYCLES MAKES AWARD WINNING STEEL BIKES. WE’RE GROWING FAST!
At Fairlight Cycles we make beautiful, functional steel bikes. We blend cutting edge modern design, with fantastic craftsmanship and materials to make award winning bikes.
Sold worldwide, our bicycles have gained widespread acclaim. They’ve been ridden to victory in the Transcontinental Races, garnered many 5 star reviews and most recently won the Road.cc “Bike of the Year” Award.
ROLE – Fairlight Cycles – Operations and Purchasing Manager – Full Time
We sell the best designed and built bicycles in our market. We’re building a high performing team to match our bikes.
This is the opportunity to play a pivotal role in role in Fairlight Cycles’ business. You will be overseeing many aspects of the planning, sourcing, scheduling, stock control, and shipping for our bicycles.
You will also work closely with the directors in developing new operational systems to maximise efficiency and performance across all areas of the business.
This role has a huge amount of responsibility, scope and autonomy. We’re looking for a candidate who shares our ambitions for growth and progression.
On a day-to-day basis you’ll be involved in the following:
- Overseeing all purchasing, logistical, and shipping activity within the organisation
- Purchasing and receipting frames and componentry
- Operational oversight across all aspects of the business – developing and running systems of accountability and review
- Working with the Directors on implementing infrastructure changes to continually improve our operations
- Running our bike build schedule ensuring delivery of a large number of semi-custom bikes to customers each week
- Overseeing the warehousing and shipping function
- Inputting into strategic and forecasting decisions
- Continually maintaining and revising our forecasting models to ensure timely delivery of components and frames
- Commercial analysis of margins and costs to support pricing decisions
WHAT YOU BRING
- A high degree of organisation, and ability to multi-task
- An analytical mindset with a high degree of numeracy
- Some experience in project management or supply chain, ideally in the manufacturing/assembly sector
- Positivity and drive to push though operational changes and continually improve our business
- Good communicator, able to work across teams and collaborate
- Technical competence with spreadsheets and ability to learn new business management systems.
- Good working knowledge of road and mountain bike componentry, ideally a passionate cyclist
- Commercial outlook with an understanding of margin and costs
- A Passion for delivering great customer service and natural enthusiasm
SALARY AND PACKAGE
- £Negotiable – depending on experience
- 23 days (rising to 25 days per annum annual leave) + Bank Holidays
- Semi-flexible working hours
- Generous staff purchase scheme at trade or OE pricing
Currently Haringey North London
Please apply with your updated CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.