Website Lyon Equipment Limited
Metal Products Operative, full time
Would you like to work for a company who is passionate about the staff that make it successful, the planet that we live on and the industries that we operate within?
Lyon Equipment Limited is an employee-owned company, located adjacent to the M6 at Tebay between the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales.
Our aim is to provide equipment and expertise to ‘venture further’ to the work at height and rescue industries, cycle, outdoor, and watersports markets.
In addition to distribution, we design and manufacture our own Lyon branded products and provide technical training for the work at height and rescue industries. Our own Lyon products are predominately specified by our customers. Our products are often used in the following industries: offshore oil and gas, wind energy, railway infrastructure, film and television, adventure parks, rescue services and military.
We provide a friendly, contemporary and dynamic working environment and we strongly value a good work life balance.
To be competent in the manufacture of metallic Lyon branded products including rescue stretchers, work at height equipment and flexible sided ladders.
The job requires a practical person who enjoys working with tools and machinery to carry out day to day production functions.
The job will involve:
- Goods inwards inspection of raw materials
- Preparing materials for manufacturing
- Manufacturing, servicing and inspecting of rescue stretchers
- Assembling flexible sided ladders, work at height equipment, and various other metallic products
- In-process and final product inspections
- Using various hand tools
- Using various metal working machines e.g., hydraulic presses, automatic saws, drills, vibratory finishing machines, tig welding, laser marking equipment
- Basic maintenance of machines
- Any other duties as necessitated by the needs of the business
The person we seek will meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate strong practical skills
- Be self-motivated, able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Have a confident and outgoing manner with excellent interpersonal skills
- Enjoy learning and development
Training will be provided in the following areas:
- Raw material, in-process and final inspection
- Use of tools and machinery
- Manufacturing skills and techniques
- Use of work instructions
Hours of work:
This is a full-time position which on average equates to 37.5 hours a week Monday – Friday.
The benefits package includes:
- Salary in the range of £23,000 to £25,000 dependant on experience
- 30 days holiday entitlement per annum (pro rata) including public holidays with loyalty increments
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous trade and staff discount (for personal use only)
- Free use of company loan kit when available
Upon successful completion of a three-month probationary period:
- Inclusion into our qualifying pension scheme, into which we contribute
- The successful candidate will be invited to join our healthcare scheme
Please download an application pack from our website: www.lyon.co.uk/employment-at-lyon-equipment/532-metal-products-operative
Please send completed application forms (and accompanying C.V. if you wish) to:
Julia Aspinall, HR Manager, Lyon Equipment Limited, Unit 3-7 Tebay Business Park, Old Tebay, Penrith, CA10 3SS
Closing date for applications: Friday 9th December 2022
Interviews will take place Week commencing 12th December 2022
To apply for this job please visit www.lyon.co.uk.