We are in the market for a driven, entrepreneurial and sales-driven Marketing Lead to head our Marketing function, drive commercial engagement and take our brand to the next level.
Fettle is a rapidly expanding bike repair and service business that is dedicated to promoting sustainable transportation and making cycling more accessible for everyone. We obsess about providing the highest-quality maintenance for bicycles of all types. We believe that our success depends on working collaboratively, continuously learning, and always putting our customers first.
This year, we launched a new partnership co-locating with Kwik Fit centres. Marrying the cycling and automotive industry is a bold move and it’s paying off. Next year is all about expansion and helping people, everywhere, stay safe on the roads.
Cyclists using the fettle service benefit from:
- Super-Convenient, Central Locations: We’re building up an unrivalled network to cover the hotspots where cyclists most need support.
- Handy Collection Service: Convenience is key. We’ll even collect and drop off bikes from peoples’ houses.
- Smooth, Simple Technology: As well as being into our bikes we are also tech geeks. We lean on software to make the whole experience easy for cyclists and allow mechanics work efficiently
- Quality Services: Not only are our mechanics the best in-class, we are a friendly company who is obsessed with giving our customers unbeatable services. Check out our reviews for yourself
About The Team & Role.
The Marketing team is responsible for understanding our customer base and delivering a brand and offering that generates sustained, profitable demand from new and returning customers, both retail and B2B, supporting conversion from initial interest through to purchase and onwards to advocacy.
As the “Marketing Lead” you will be responsible for shaping and delivering an impactful marketing strategy utilising the full marketing mix whilst injecting personality into every touch point.
We’re looking for an experienced, but hands-on marketer, with a passion for bikes to drive the brand’s marketing efforts across our core London locations and future expansion cities.
Working collaboratively with the Partnerships & Community Manager, the Ops team and the local workshops leads, you will have responsibility for executing activities / campaigns that drive awareness, consideration, conversion and repeat purchase against pre-defined KPIs.
- Generate customer demand through all channels both retail and B2B by focusing on growing return customers, reviews and cultivating ‘local champions’ to reduce CPA (cost per acquisition) and generate a true community feel.
- Support customer enquiry conversion by ensuring all teams have the right marketing information, to hand, at the right time to successfully convert customer enquiries. Optimise the funnel to maximise conversion and deliver AOV targets.
- Provide a winning online experience in terms of customer experience, price and services. Owning the ‘what does ‘faff free’ really mean’ approach
- Improve productivity by continually improving marketing analytics to better understand performance and adapt the approach.
- Develop integrated marketing strategies for BAU and new site launches, aligning with ambitious growth goals.
- Create, implement & monitor detailed Category Development Plans for core customer segments, enhancing the shopping experience, increasing conversion, and ensuring satisfaction.
- Increase awareness and purchase consideration for the Fettle brand in both our core market, London, and new expansion locations
- Determine and manage marketing budget and deliver value for money
- Cultivate the Fettle brand identity and tone of voice.
- Enhance online presence through continuous improvement of website, app, and conversion funnel.
- Manage agencies and ad spend to generate profitable traffic through SEO, PPC, Display Advertising, Affiliate Marketing and social media.
- Lead CRM initiatives to improve customer insight and affinity, delivering targeted and timely communications to increase productivity and profitability.
- Collaborate with the pricing team to maintain a competitive and profitable market position.
- Provide regular performance and planning reports, including competitor and market analysis
- Continually develop team members to ensure their motivation, skills and knowledge is aligned with the company’s long term strategic direction.
- Manage Partnerships & Community Manager
- Direct all marketing related preparations for new workshop launches to ensure they hit the ground running
- Research and advise on expansion locations based on marketing data.
- Analyse consumer behaviour to adjust campaigns accordingly.
- Ensure compliance with legal and corporate guidelines.
Now, let’s talk about what you bring to the table:
We’d love it if you have...
- A passion (or even obsession!) for all things cycling, bikes and bike repair.
- Broad experience of the marketing mix.
- Experience leading project teams.
- A track record of creating marketing plans & campaigns that have driven customer acquisition.
- Proven knowledge of digital marketing as well as experience across earned and owned channels.
- Experience managing budget
- Familiarity with retail marketing
- Dogged, determined, never say die attitude. Versatile, restless, energetic, can-doer.
- Creative problem solver with excellent communication and influencing skills
- A collaborative team player – concerned with team success as well as individual performance.
- A keen eye for good social / PR opportunities, and the ability to be ‘always on’ to spot content ideas to raise our ‘social game’.
- You will be results orientated and commercially savvy.
- Able to go beyond the brief to surprise and delight.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
And now, the numbers:
- Salary: Full time (5 days a week): c£35,000 + 15% annual bonus based on hitting KPIs.
- Location: Flexible with 50% of time based in Fettle locations
As a fettler, you’ll get:
- Trade prices on bike parts and accessories from the day you start, to keep your own bike going for a better price.
- 20 days holiday, plus your birthday and bank holidays (flexi for part time)
- YuLife Employee welfare. A platform that offers life insurance, 24/7 Virtual GP
appointments and much more!
- Lunch on us at the HQ office on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, cooked by a wonderful chef.
- Training opportunities – we invest in your development
We have created an interview process that is quick and easy, helping us to get to know you and vice versa. Once you’ve applied, you can expect us to arrange a quick phone call with you if we feel you have the right profile. Next, we will ask you to come in and meet the team for a presentation and interview. If all goes well, you can expect an offer very shortly after.
If the role and company we’ve described in this advert sounds like a bit of you, then we’d love to hear from you! To apply, please email with your CV and a cover letter that answers these 3 questions:
- What makes you the right person for this opportunity?
- What is your understanding of what makes Fettle special?
- What do you think would be most challenging about this role?
Come join us on this exciting journey towards sustainable travel. We can’t wait to welcome you to the team!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.