Are you passionate about cycling and want a hands-on role helping design and manufacture our original plywood bike racks? We need someone to organise and carry out day-to-day CNC routing, finishing, and assembly of our plywood cycling products, with additional responsibilities in process and product development.
About Laight Designs Ltd. T/A BikeStow:
Laight Designs Ltd, trading as BikeStow, is a young and growing family business primarily designing, manufacturing and selling premium plywood bike racks for the cycling enthusiast’s van, home, office and more. BikeStow has become recognised as one of the go-to brands for in-van bike racks, having been reviewed as “the standout bike product tested this year,” and “the ultimate van, home, or workshop bike racking system,” which “blurs the lines between designer furniture and logistics”. Beyond BikeStow, Laight Designs also offers design and manufacturing services to other clients.
The successful applicant will join a flexible, growing, and exciting working environment to enhance BikeStow’s production output and product portfolio. On a day-to-day basis you will have the opportunity to learn about and perform the following tasks:
- Organising production, materials, and machines to meet sales demand.
- Responsible for operating, maintaining and setting CNC Router for production of laminated plywood parts, prototype components, and external work.
- Continuously improving production processes or product designs to optimise final quality and output.
- Using CAD & CAM (Fusion 360) to develop current or new designs, and create the resultant CNC routing and milling programs for production.
- Hand-chamfering, sanding, and finishing.
- Final assembly and packaging.
- Maintaining a safe, tidy, and ordered production environment.
Being part of a growing family business, the position will naturally promote responsibility, perseverance, and creative thinking with a strong focus on enthusiasm and self-motivation.
Experience with any (but not necessarily all) of the following; CNC routing or machining, CAD / CAM, manufacturing, woodworking, product design, cycling, joinery, furniture.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about cycling (any discipline!)
- Strong attention to detail and a desire for perfection is paramount.
- Fusion 360 knowledge beneficial.
- Practical, hands-on, and willing to get stuck in.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Good computer skills.
- Punctual, reliable and dependable
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and willing to learn
- Independent and able to lead others.
Days & Hours:
36 hours a week. (08:30-16:30 Mon-Thurs, 08:30-12:30 Fri)
Salary: £32,000 – £40,000
How to apply: Email CV & Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.