Website Spoke and Motor
Spoke and Motor are official UK dealers for Riese and Muller, Moustache Bikes and Gocycle. We are opening a new showroom on the outskirts of Ely, Cambridgeshire and are looking for a skilled full-time electric bike mechanic to join our team.
Responsibilities – Workshop:
- Unpack and prepare electric bikes
- Deliver and handover bikes to customers
- Service, diagnose and repair electric bikes
- Be the point of contact for customers re service, parts and repairs
- Coordinate workshop operations efficiently
- Manage parts’ supply and inventory
- Provide excellent customer service, building rapport and trust
- Meet or exceed workshop performance targets
- Proactively maximise workshop opportunities
- Maintain your product knowledge to keep it up-to-date
- Contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction and retention
- Maintain a clean, professional and customer-focused working environment
- Keep all bikes in pristine condition ready for demo or display
- Assist sales staff with selling bikes, accessories and services as required
Responsibilities – Operations:
- Use company processes, procedures and systems
- Record workshop operations and keep records up to date
- Support colleagues
- Open, lock up and manage building security systems
- Engage with HR processes
- Engage with health and safety processes
- Participate in training and staff development
- Build collaborative relationships and trust with suppliers
- Act as an ambassador for Spoke and Motor with suppliers, press and customers, etc
- You are an experienced vehicle technician who is confident working on electric bikes, having a background in bicycles, motorbikes or cars
- You are adaptable for both electrical and mechanical repairs with excellent diagnostic skills
- You pay attention to detail, care about doing a good job and work to the highest standards
- You can demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You talk to customers in a way that invites trust and gives you credibility
- You complete actions and tasks on time
- You can demonstrate excellent numeracy skills
- You are proficient in IT and can use a computer for diagnostics, communicating, learning and recording information
- You are enthusiastic about learning and improving your performance
- You are a supportive team member with a positive and solution-focused approach
- You have a full UK driving license with less than 6 points
- You have the skills, experience and personality to add extra value to the Spoke and Motor brand
At Spoke and Motor we believe that electric bikes can help save the planet. They’re also a great way to have fun, enjoy the world around us and keep fit.
Our goal is to get more people to experience the world on wheels they can trust. We do this by providing high quality, well-respected brands and giving a supportive and personal service to our customers so they end up happy and confident with the electric bike that’s right for them.
How we travel affects how we feel. At Spoke and Motor, we believe cycling opens the door to a healthy and happy frame of mind. We have learned that travelling on a bike helps us to leave the everyday grind behind, to connect more with the world around us and to feel good when we arrive at our destination.
We’re not just enthusiastic about the wellbeing of our customers, we also believe in looking after our team, ensuring they get everything they need to perform at their best. As a member of the team, not only do you benefit from a four day working week, you also get opportunities to develop your skills in a forward-thinking and supportive environment.
Representing the world’s most prestigious electric bike brands in an inspirational setting, you will be part of a team that is as unique as the bikes we sell.
- Full-time (4-day working week)
- Holidays can be taken between October – May
- Simple, uncapped, industry leading bonus scheme
Job Location: Based at Ben’s Yard, Ely, Cambridgeshire. CB7 5TR
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter. Give examples in your cover letter of how you meet the criteria in the job description.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.