Website Cyclewise Whinlatter Ltd
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic individual to manage one of our very successful shops in Cumbria. Our workshop, retail and bike rental operations are based in the heart of Whinlatter MTB Trail Centre, which offers some of the best mountain biking trails in England. The role plays a key part in the Cyclewise business, which delivers a diverse range of cycle related services.
This job is for you if you are:
- Passionate about the Cycle industry and knowledgeable on industry products.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in bike mechanic skills and fleet management.
- Motivated by negotiating and closing a sale.
- Inspired to create retail marketing strategies.
- Great at planning in advance and creating seasonal or annual buying orders.
- Dynamic to lead new practices and improve ways of working.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Comfortable to deliver staff training and managing a team.
- Enjoys creating and organising good working practices.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Accountable for the retail, workshop & rental services through management of the shop team.
- Responsible for sales conversions of bikes and equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining in-store stock control and visual merchandising.
- Responsible for opening / closing daily procedures, including cash handling and key holder duties.
- Oversee the scheduling of workshop jobs (repair, maintenance, walk-in and bike build) and diagnose, repair and maintenance work needed on both customer and hire bikes.
- Provide quality assurance in bike retail, workshop repairs and bike hire.
- Identify opportunities for sales growth in our product range and services.
- Able to ensure all customers receive an excellent experience across the services offered, ensuring the team are trained and delivering the highest possible standards.
- Ensure all staff have the knowledge, skills, and motivation to reach goals.
- Provide a safe and welcoming environment for customers and staff at all times.
- Create buy plans for the business and responsible for stock management.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate data on our retail management system and bike rental programme.
- Coordinate events such as demo days and themed promotional events.
- Oversee shop communications on social media and the posting of bikes and accessories on the company website.
Why choose to work at Cyclewise:
- Full-time employment – 40 hours a week
- £25,000 – £27,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- 28 days holiday per annum (inc. bank holidays)
- A flexible and portable workplace pension
- A generous staff discount on cycle-related products
- An amazing work location @Whinlatter Forest, surrounded by stunning northern lakes scenery
- Training opportunities
- Staff social events
- Superb team camaraderie
- Unlimited tea and coffee with only occasional milk shortage emergencies
Cyclewise is an established independent business operating a portfolio of cycle related services for over 15 years. Cyclewise Whinlatter is our trail centre bike hire & retail shop specialising in mountain bikes and electric MTBs, with a rental fleet of approx. 130 bikes. Cyclewise Cockermouth is our esteemed road, e-Bike, adventure and leisure bike retail store. We offer expert workshop services with approved Bosch & Shimano Service Centres. Cyclewise Training delivers a range of mountain bike skills coaching & mechanic courses, British Cycling MTB leadership qualifications, Bikeability training in schools, technical expertise & consultancy services. Our business is exciting and challenging with customers increasingly accessing our products and services across online channels and in-store.
How to apply:
Please send us your CV along with a covering letter detailing which role you are applying for and any relevant experience you can bring to this role. Email to email@example.com . View https://cyclewise.co.uk/job-vacancies/ for more information.
Closing date: 3rd December 2022 midnight
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.