Website Cyclewise Whinlatter Ltd
We are looking for an experienced cycle mechanic to join the team at our busy Cyclewise Cockermouth premises, with a fully fitted Park Tools workshop, accredited Bosch and Shimano Service Centre. You will need to ensure that all bikes leave the workshop ready for optimum performance and offer great customer service, as well as demonstrating sound technical knowledge. The role plays an essential part in the Cyclewise business, which delivers a diverse range of cycle related services.
This job is for you if you are:
- Passionate about the cycle industry and understand the importance of doing a great job.
- Enjoy fixing bikes and keeping up-to-date with bike technical knowledge.
- Motivated by negotiating and closing a sale.
- Enthusiastic and like working in a team.
- Comfortable talking to customers and providing advice on cycling products.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Bike building, PDI & servicing of all bike models.
- To schedule workshop jobs and maintain accurate customer bike records.
- Diagnose and repair the maintenance work needed on customer bikes.
- Good communication with customers regarding work in progress and any parts required for repairs.
- Advising and recommending cycling products and services, to achieve successful sales.
- Responsible for opening and closing daily procedures including cash handling, and key holder duties as required.
Why choose to work at Cyclewise:
- Full-time employment – 40 hours a week
- £19,800 – £21,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- 28 days holiday per annum (inc. bank holidays)
- A flexible and portable workplace pension
- A generous staff discount on cycle-related products
- An amazing work location surrounded by stunning northern lakes scenery
- Training opportunities
- Staff social events
- Superb team camaraderie
- Unlimited tea and coffee with only occasional milk shortage emergencies
Cyclewise is an established independent business operating a portfolio of cycle related services for over 15 years. Cyclewise Whinlatter is our trail centre bike hire & retail shop specialising in mountain bikes and electric MTBs, with a rental fleet of approx. 130 bikes. Cyclewise Cockermouth is our esteemed road, e-Bike, adventure and leisure bike retail store. We offer expert workshop services with approved Bosch & Shimano Service Centres. Cyclewise Training delivers a range of mountain bike skills coaching & mechanic courses, British Cycling MTB leadership qualifications, Bikeability training in schools, technical expertise & consultancy services. Our business is exciting and challenging with customers increasingly accessing our products and services across online channels and in-store.
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm, confidence and resourcefulness. You will be required to have proficient bike mechanic skills and have strong communication and interpersonal skills. Any bike mechanic accreditations and previous sales experience would be advantageous.
How to apply:
Please send us your CV along with a covering letter detailing which role you are applying for and any relevant experience you can bring to this role. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. View https://cyclewise.co.uk/job-vacancies/ for more information.
Closing date: 3rd December 2022 midnight
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.