Website Lyon Equipment Limited
Cycle Marketing Co-ordinator – April 2022
Lyon Equipment Limited is an employee-owned company, located between the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales. Collectively we are mountain bikers, gravel riders, rock climbers, skiers, ultra-marathon runners, mountaineers, canoers, paddleboarders and outdoor enthusiasts. We are passionate about what we do and the planet we live on.
In the cycle industry we are best known as the U.K. and Ireland distributor for Ortlieb, Salsa, Industry Nine, Teravail, 7mesh, Arundel, Tubus, Hydrapak and Julbo. As Cycle is one of four divisions within the company, our extensive portfolio also includes quality outdoor accessory brands, making us a unique distributor to many cycle stores throughout the UK and Ireland.
Our company aim is to provide ‘equipment and expertise to venture further’ to the cycle, outdoor, watersports, work at height and rescue industries. We pride ourselves on being a supplier of quality products in the cycling market, enabling riders to push their boundaries and extend their horizons, whether this is on their daily commute, when bikepacking or racing an enduro at the weekend.
In addition to distribution, we manufacture our own Lyon branded products and provide technical training for the work at height and rescue industries.
We provide a friendly, contemporary and dynamic working environment and we strongly value a good work life balance.
The role of Marketing Co-ordinator is to help increase the exposure of Lyon Cycle and all brands within the Lyon Cycle portfolio to both the trade and consumer through various marketing channels. Working closely with management to help achieve sales targets by promoting sell-through, this is a multifaceted role covering B2B & B2C marketing, PR and trade events. The successful candidate will also assist with the co-ordination of Lyon Cycle’s demo product, including demo bikes.
The job requires someone who is equally comfortable being customer facing as well as working autonomously to carry out day to day administrative functions. We are looking for an outgoing and motivated individual with a creative marketing flair to help drive business in this important area. Whilst this role is predominantly office based, some travel and work away from home will be required.
The job will involve:
- Working closely with management to create and execute marketing plans for all brands within Lyon’s cycle portfolio
- Increasing the exposure of Lyon Cycle within the trade through traditional advertising, social media and editorial coverage
- Liaising with media partners to ensure maximum and sustained editorial coverage of our portfolio
- Planning, co-ordination and attendance of industry events
- Collaborative marketing with Lyon Cycle customers and industry partners
- Creating regular, targeted email campaigns to Lyon Cycle customers with engaging content
- Co-ordination of sponsored athletes and brand ambassadors
- Content creation, both independently and through liaison with colleagues or creative agencies
- Running targeted social media campaigns for both Lyon Cycle and the brands within its portfolio
- Co-ordination of administrative duties
- Tracking and reporting of set brand and department budgets
- Assisting the Marketing and Communications Co-ordinator with relevant information, to utilise upon our B2B platform to promote product sell-in and accuracy of product information
- Participation at regular sales meetings at Head Office and occasional supplier visits
- Working alongside management to devise creative in-store POS solutions
- Assist the Operations Manager with demo product co-ordination
The person we seek will meet the following criteria:
- Have a genuine passion for cycling and a technical understanding of our product portfolio
- Be self-motivated, able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Have a confident and outgoing manner with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written communication skills and IT skillset
- Be a confident user of social media, e.g. Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter, in order to increase the reach of our brands and events
- Hold a current full car driving licence (preferably clean) and a current passport
- Enjoy learning and development
The following qualities would be desirable but are not essential:
- Have relevant marketing experience
- Operational knowledge of creative suites
- Have a basic understanding of photography and videography
The successful candidate will be provided with the following:
- Computer, tablet and mobile phone
- All necessary and reasonable stationery and consumables
- Staff bicycle
Hours of work:
This is a full-time position which on average equates to 37.5 hours a week. We would expect the majority of work to be carried out between Monday and Friday, however this position will require overnight stays and some weekend working.
The benefits package includes:
- A commencing salary likely to be in the region of £19,000 – £22,000
- 30 days holiday entitlement per annum (pro rata) including public holidays with loyalty increments
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous staff discount (for personal use only) on the products we supply
- Free use of Company loan kit when available
- Inclusion into our qualifying pension scheme upon joining into which we contribute
Upon successful completion of a three-month probationary period:
- The successful candidate will be invited to join our healthcare scheme
- Salary will be reviewed
Please download an application pack from our website www.lyon.co.uk.
Completed application forms (and accompanying C.V. if you wish) are to be emailed or posted to Julia Aspinall:
Lyon Equipment Limited
Unit 3-7 Tebay Business Park
Closing date for applications: 27th May 2022, 12noon
Initial online interviews for this post are likely to take place: 14th-16th June 2022
To apply for this job email your details to Julia@lyon.co.uk.