Website Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op
Edinburgh – Canonmills
Excellent staff discount scheme
Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op is a long established, respected independent bike retailer. Founded in 1977, we operate 6 retail outlets across Scotland and the North of England as well as an ecommerce operation supported by a large warehouse/ distribution centre on the outskirts of Edinburgh. As an employee-owned business, service quality and the customer are at the heart of what we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Branch Manager and Deputy Manager in our Canonmills store and we are inviting candidates to apply. Based at our store in Rodney Street, Edinburgh, you will have responsibility for all aspects of running the branch, ensuring it is completely focused on serving customers and making sales.
The role of the Branch Manager is fundamental to the smooth running of the store and the key responsibilities will be to:
- Manage, recruit, train, motivate and focus the Branch staff (numbers vary between 6-10)
- Schedule staff to match customer demand.
- Ensure the highest levels of customer service.
- Ensure that products are attractively, clearly and effectively displayed and merchandised.
- Ensure that workshop services are delivered to the highest levels.
- Ensure that agreed sales targets are met or exceeded.
- Ensure that the department’s costs are kept within agreed budgets.
- Deal with customer problems and complaints when they arise.
- Operate specific and regular cash handling procedures and administrative processes.
- Have the drive and motivation to identify, act on and deliver sales opportunities.
- To contribute to the overall strategic management of the business.
It is essential that you:
- Are able to demonstrate strong administrative, leadership and motivational skills, as well as a highly developed sense of customer service.
- Can manage customer & staff expectations while maximising the sales opportunity.
- Are an effective time-manager and a pragmatic problem solver.
- Must place great emphasis on service quality and productivity, whilst paying attention to detail and ‘completing / finishing’.
- Finally, you should have the drive and motivation to identify, act on and deliver sales opportunities.
The Deputy Manager role will involve some/most of the above.
In return we offer:
- As a small tight-knit team we are committed to accommodating flexible working hours.
- Competitive rates of pay based on level of experience.
- A generous holiday allowance.
- An excellent staff discount scheme on bikes, parts, accessories and clothing.
- Supported entry into cycling competitions and events.
- After a year of service, you have the option to join our Co-operative and have a say in how we run our business at our AGM.
- As a Co-operative we also have bonus opportunities for a share in the profits.
If you have the enthusiasm, appetite and personality to deliver flawless customer service and are interested in joining our management team in Canonmills, then we definitely want to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com quoting the job ref Canonmills Branch Manager or Canonmills Deputy Manager.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.