In cooperation with national recall authorities, Bergamont/Scott is voluntarily issuing a worldwide recall on Bergamont Belami Lite 2011 and Bergamont Monolite 2010 bikes. This is due to a finding that the frame can break, creating a possible fall hazard.
Bergamont is conducting this recall as load peaks can occur when used as intended which can lead to a fracturing of the frame in the area of the welded joint between the large-volume central down tube and the narrow connecting tube, which is welded in between the head tube and down tube. This failure may cause the rider to immediately lose control over the bicycle, resulting in a severe injury.
The recall affects the following models:
– Belami Lite N8 Suspension 28″ shiny white 2011
– Belami Lite N8 Suspension 28″ matt black 2011
– Belami Lite N8 Rigid 28″ shiny grey-red 2011
– Belami Lite N8 Suspension 26″ shiny white 2011
– Belami Lite N8 Suspension 26″ matt black 2011
– Belami Lite N7 28″ matt black 2011
– Belami Lite N7 26″ shiny brown-cream white 2011
– Belami Lite N7 26″ matt black 2011
– Belami Lite N7 28″ shiny brown-cream white 2011
– Belami Lite N8 Rigid 28″ matt black 2011
– Alu Monolite N-7 26″ shiny white-dark silver 2010
– Alu Monolite N-7 28″ shiny white-dark silver 2010
– Alu Monolite N-8 Rigid 28″ matt black 2010
– Alu Monolite N-8 Rigid 28″ shiny white 2010
– Alu Monolite N-8 Suspension 28″ matt black 2010
– Alu Monolite N-8 Suspension 28″ shiny white 2010
Bergamont models not mentioned above are not concerned by this recall. A detailed list of all affected bikes can be found here.
Affected customers are requested to immediately stop using the above listed bike and bring the bike to an official Bergamont/Scott dealer to have it replaced. The replacement of the bike will be free of charge and the new bike will be safe to use.
For further information on this recall please visit the section “safety and recalls” on the Bergamont website, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call its service hotline on +41 264 601 19 00.
Bergamont and Scott have apologised for the inconvenience this issue might cause.