Bike components, clothing and accessories brand Vel has announced the addition of six new wheelsets to its range.
By introducing new alloy options, including 23 GRL gravel-specific wheelsets and 28 RL lightweight road wheels, the brand says it offers both road and gravel cyclists an upgrade and performance boost at a price of £399.
In addition, Vel says the new 60 RL carbon tubeless disc wheelset features ‘one of the most uncompromising aero rim profiles’ in its range to date.
Vel’s road offering sees the addition of the 28 RL alloy wheelset. At 28mm deep, the alloy rim is ideal for use in blustery conditions, said the brand, as it won’t get pushed around as much as deeper alternatives. The smart brushed finish means that the wheels will match well with most bikes. These wheels come in at 1550g and will accommodate tyres up to 34mm.
The 60 RL carbon tubeless disc wheelset comes in at 1690g and has the power to transform any road bike, boosting its aerodynamic performance.
The Vel wheel range comprises four main lines: the RL and RSL2 road ranges and the GRL and GRSL2 gravel-specific wheelsets.
The RSL2 wheels have DT Swiss hubs and Sapim CX-Ray spokes whilst the RL wheels use Pillar Wing spokes with proprietary hubs and all models get brass nipples for durability and ease of maintenance. All wheels are handbuilt.
The Vel RL and RSL2 road range comprises:
– 28 RL Alloy Tubeless Disc Wheelset £399
– 38 RL Carbon Tubeless Disc Wheelset £749
– 3850 RL Carbon Tubeless Disc Wheelset £749
– 50 RL Carbon Tubeless Disc Wheelset £749
– 60 RL Carbon Tubeless Disc Wheelset £749
– 6085 RL Carbon Tubeless Disc Wheelset £799
– 85 RL Carbon Tubeless Disc Wheelset £799
– 38 RSL2 Carbon Tubeless Disc Wheelset £1099
– 3850 RSL2 Carbon Tubeless Disc Wheelset £1099
– 50 RSL2 Carbon Tubeless Disc Wheelset £1099
– 6085 RSL2 Carbon Tubeless Disc Wheelset £1149
– 85 RSL2 Carbon Tubeless Disc Wheelset £1149
The Vel GRL and GRSL2 gravel range comprises:
– 23 GRL Alloy Tubeless Disc 650b Wheelset £399
– 23 GRL Alloy Tubeless Disc 700c Wheelset £399
– 30 GRL Carbon Tubeless Disc 650b Wheelset £749
– 35 GRL Carbon Tubeless Disc 700c Wheelset £749 (due in June)
– 30 GRSL2 Carbon Tubeless Disc 650b Wheelset £1099
– 35 GRSL2 Carbon Tubeless Disc 650b Wheelset £1099 (due in June)
All Vel wheels have been tested to ISO industry standard, have a two-year limited warranty and a crash replacement offer.
For more information, visit velbike.com or shop the Vel collection exclusively at Sigma Sports.
Troy Lee Designs has announced the launch of its new Flowline range of MIPS helmets, which includes…
The BikeBiz jobs board filled over 740 positions in 2022, and listings are still on…
Rapha has launched the new Explore Gore-Tex Jacket and Explore Pants. The Explore Gore-Tex Jacket…
Seventies Distribution launched the direct-to-consumer Backyard BMX website in late 2022. BikeBiz finds out how…
Registration for members of the trade for the 2023 Cycle Show in London is now…
Vello has announced that it is moving to a direct-to-retail model in the UK. The…