Job title: Test Fleet Technician
Responsible to: Lead Product Reliability Engineer
Brompton has ambitious plans for growth over the next 5 years and a key part of this is the introduction of multiple new-to-market products. As part of the Reliability team within the R&D department you will play a vital role in the product development process by monitoring the performance of the fleets of test bikes that we use to build confidence in new designs.
- Work across various teams to support the assembly and maintenance of prototype designs
- Run multiple test bike fleet programs simultaneously, including the administration (waiver release process, signing in/out) and maintenance (servicing and adjustment, constituent part revision/pedigree tracking) of the bikes as necessary, keeping excellent records for insight into product performance and reliability
- Seek out trends in degradation, maintenance needs and failure
- Design, execute and interpret polls to gain insight into usage, performance, and user sentiment
- Research and roll out sophisticated data collection techniques and technologies as appropriate
- Escalate potential safety issues rapidly to protect the health and wellbeing of prototype fleet users
- Support the test lab in the day-to-day tending of tests, and execution of established test methods
- Collate, process, and analyse test data to produce reports and dashboards
- Interrogate customer fault report data, hunting for links with lab and test fleet failures and fixes
- Maintain test equipment
Skills and Experience
- Has a high level of knowledge of a broad range of bicycles and proven experience as a bicycle mechanic – Cytech Level 2 is preferred
- Has experience in a technical or laboratory environment.
- Is flexible and adaptable with the hunger and ability to learn new skills quickly
- Is a Self-starter who can work unsupervised to high standards and meticulous detail
- Be IT literate, particularly with MS Excel data and Power BI analysis and presentation tools
- Is tirelessly perceptive and critical of all aspects of a design or process
- Is accustomed to keeping thorough, archivable notes
- Is comfortable with manual labour, standing for extended periods and regularly lifting up to 25kgs
What’s in it for you
Brompton offers you a very excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate, and co-operate with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment, Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging
job within a dynamic, international, and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and the product, despite any differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
- Large discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too) after passing probation.
- Flexible working hours (two Fridays off per month!)
- 20 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), increasing every year you stay with us
- Enhanced family friendly leave, Workplace Pension Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme and other similar benefits after 3 months of service.
- Birthday Breakfast, Christmas Parties, Subsidies company Annual Bike Rides, Charity Raffles, Volunteering with the local community all go towards creating a working environment that is fun and enriching.
To apply for this job please visit brompton.recruitee.com.