Website Trek Bicycle Corporation
About the Company
Headquartered in Waterloo, Wisconsin, USA Trek Bicycle Corporation is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of bicycles and related products. From the original hand-built steel touring frames introduced in 1976 to the revolutionary OCLV Carbon first introduced in 1992, Trek’s passion for innovation, quality, and performance leads the industry with next-generation thinking and cutting-edge technology.
Trek bikes have been used to climb mountains, cross streets and compete in cycling’s grandest event, the Tour de France. Today, with a broad range of bicycles and cycling products under the Trek, Bontrager and Electra brand names, Trek continues to pursue new ways to bring the joy of cycling to all people. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation and inspiration.
The company has grown about 70% in a decade and has sales of USD1bn. Trek bicycles are marketed through 1,700 dealers across North America, subsidiaries in Europe and Asia as well as distributors in 90 countries worldwide.
Position: Territory Manager, Central & East England
Location: Field Based, with Head Office in Milton Keynes, UK
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the Role
The primary responsibility of the Territory Manager is to develop and strengthen partnerships with Trek retailers. The Territory Manager for this area will maximise Trek’s market share. They will build strong, long-term relationships with our retailers and ensure that our product representation in the area is consistent with Trek standards.
The ideal candidate will be based in the territory and possess sales and business development experience and have excellent communication and computer skills. The Territory broadly covers Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, North London, Essex and East Anglia.
- Maximise sales of Trek Bicycles, Electra Bicycles and Bontrager Accessories.
- Establish objectives and monitor the performance of Trek retailers.
- Be the Business Consultant to Trek retailers.
- Make recommendations to retailers regarding Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Assist Trek retailers with forecasting, ordering, logistics and all aspects of the sales process.
- Conduct market research to understand the competitive environment and identify underperforming markets.
- Appoint, develop and consult with cycle retailers to maximize Trek’s position in the market.
- Provide product and sales training to Trek retailers in the territory.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Build strong relationships with Trek retailers.
- Be an ambassador for the Trek brand.
- 3+ year’s retail or wholesale sales experience, preferably in cycling industry.
- Must be able to travel as required throughout assigned territory.
- A personable persona with the ability to be able to build long lasting business relationships.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload with precision.
- Competent Microsoft Office user
- Confidence in preparing presentations and delivering to a variety of audiences both internally and externally.
- A working knowledge of EPOS systems, preferably Ascend RMS.
- An understanding of statutory accounting processes, profit & loss and balance sheets.
- An understanding of retail business metrics, retail turnover, profit margins & expense ratios.
In addition to fantastic opportunities for career development we offer:
- Company Car
- Rewards and incentives including attractive OTE
- Laptop and Smartphone
- Friendly and inclusive working environment
- A highly competitive total reward benefits package including:
- 25 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays)
- Matched pension contributions
- Medical Cashplan
- Employee Assistance Programme
To apply for the above role, please follow the below link and attached your CV and Cover Letter detailing why you are right for the role.
To apply for this job please visit app.jobvite.com.