Website Plush Hill Cycles
Senior Cycle technician Established in 2010 and based in Telford, we are a customer focused independent cycle shop with a professional workshop.
We have an opportunity for a senior cycle technician to join our small yet increasingly busy team. We need more than a cycle technician; you will be part of the business and help shape our future.
- Number one on our list is excellent communication skills, you play a key role in delivering a high level of customer service. Via every channel, you need to build relationships, listen, and advise ensuring that customers are kept up to date and expectations realised.
- The successful candidate will have 5+ years’ experience working in a busy workshop servicing, repairing, and preparing new bikes for delivery
- Team player, sounds obvious, and its essential. Ability to spot when someone needs assistance, play to your strengths, ask for support with your weaknesses and keep things moving efficiently. You will also be keen to leave things how you find them, be that your job notes or workstation.
- Ideally trained to Cytech level 3 or equivalent or able to demonstrate the technical skills and knowledge including suspension servicing, wheel building, e bike diagnosis and repair. Experience of working with Bosch and Shimano systems will be an advantage.
- You need to bring a professional approach to day to day running, with an eye for detail and a desire to develop skills and process as required.
- Your experience will be reflected with a drive to resolve problems and a confidence to know when to stop, speak to your customer to explain when repair may not be viable. You won’t know every answer, but you will have a good idea of how to find out.
- Being a keen cyclist with real world experience that you can call on to better advise customers. That passion for cycling will be the basis of what drives you to learn more about the product
- You will be computer literate and flexible to learn new systems, our workshop is managed with a cloud-based schedule and more and more learning resources are accessed online that you will be expected to take ownership of.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Delivering a high level of customer service
- We are a small team so you won’t be hidden in a workshop, when its busy you will be expected to assist in all day to day running of the shop
- Servicing and repairing a wide variety of bikes
- Building, performing pre delivery inspections, packing bikes for shipping
- Receiving bikes as they arrive for service or repair and advising customers accordingly
- Taking calls and greeting customers in store
- Taking the lead on developing efficient working practices in the workshop
- Keen to share knowledge with other members of the team, using your experience you are expected to coach and advise to help strengthen our team.
Hours and holidays
37 hours a week, with some weekend working. For the right candidate, a reduced week can be arranged. We trade 7 days and bank holidays
Ongoing brand delivered training, uniform and a staff discount scheme is provided.
Job Location: Telford
Salary: £22,000-£28,000 per annum – Subject to experience and qualifications
How to apply: To register an interest please send your CV with a covering letter to Kate@plushhillcycles.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to Kate@plushhillcycles.co.uk.