Website Biketreks Grizedale Limited
Location – Grizedale Forest, Near Hawkshead, Cumbria, UK
Job Type – Full Time 40 Hour Contract
Particulars – Minimum age 16 years due to the specifics required of safety briefing delivery and our insurance.
Category – Sales Assistant and Demo Bike Coordinator
Closing Date – 3rd February 2023
We are looking for someone to assist the store manager in running the retail shop at our Grizedale site. As part of this role, you will also be responsible for booking and setting clients up on our demo bikes and converting their rides into sales. You will not be involved in the hire side of the business at Grizedale.
We stock and have demo bikes available from brands such as Specialized, Santa Cruz, Forbidden, Pivot, Transition, Forestal and Whyte. We are known for our excellent customer service skills and technical approach to our products.
We have a huge selection of clothing and footwear from Fox, Norrona, Five Ten, Mons Royale, POC, Altura, and DHarco to name but a few.
Working with our other sales advisors and the store manager you will be responsible for making sure everyone who gets in contact with the store is dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
We operate face to face in store, on the phone, and through email contact on our busy website.
Biketreks is an established cycle retailer in the Lake District. We have 3 stores covering all aspects of cycling from electric hybrids to custom built super bikes and everything in between.
We specialize in the unusual and have a sales team who are at the forefront of new innovations across all platforms. We are always on the hunt for innovation.
Our customers expect and demand technical insight from us so you must be able to understand technical processes whether it’s in electric bikes or waterproof jackets.
All training will be provided on the technical front, but those with an interest in the tech always benefit more from working with us.
We excel in customer service and have a team of honest and professional salespeople across all our stores. We have won specialist retailer of the year due to our proven concept, and we are evolving year on year with our open-minded approach to the industry.
About the role:
You’ll be expected to:
- Handle multiple inquiries across a multitude of platforms from in store to online
- Advise customers on the best purchases for them using our proven sales guidelines
- Work with the store manager to meet weekly and monthly sales targets
- Assist in the efficient running of the store and help with the service centre bookings if needed.
- Coordinate demo bike bookings, test rides, setups, offer route advice, and on occasion head out riding with clients.
- Stay ahead of the curve when it comes to new products and have an open mind when it comes to new concepts and ideas.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills
- Have the desire to understand technical products such as electric bikes
- We are looking for someone with exceptional customer service skills who wants to sell bicycles and their associated equipment. We can train you in all the technical information, but you must have the people skills in the first instance!
- There is no prerequisite to even ride a bike, or have any workshop knowledge, and we won’t ask if you can do a jump or a skid for Insta Vids….
- We are a specialist retailer who invests in their staff and sees this role as a career not a stop gap until something else comes along. Because of this we are looking for a committed individual who is willing to give the role their all and input into the overall growth of the business.
- If you’re looking for an all-encompassing challenge with opportunities to hone skills you’ve always thought out of reach, then we can help you with that. We’ve experts in materials, suspension, eyewear, shoe fitting and injection moulding on our books so anything is possible.
- We ask that you are polite, considered, and able to offer advice based on the policies of the company.
- We work within a set of standards rather than having a laissez faire approach to business, so we won’t suit everyone’s approach to retail.
- You must be a neat and tidy worker
Benefits, Salary & Hours of Work:
- We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience or minimum wage during your trial period (3 months) if you bring enthusiasm with limited experience.
- You will be enrolled on a company pension scheme
- We offer 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays).
- You will be expected to attend first aid at work training
- The position is based at Biketreks Grizedale, Grizedale Forest, Near Hawkshead, Cumbria.
- The role will be full time, 40 hours per week, across five days including a weekend day.
- You must be at least 16 years of age due to our insurance requirements.
- We are looking to start the role in March 2023.
How to Apply:
Please send a relevant CV along with a one page covering letter to email@example.com for the attention of Sarah.
And please keep it relevant to the role you are applying for, we don’t need to know all your GCSE and A-Level results, or the cafe you worked in part time 10 years ago…..I want to know about you as a person!
Full discretion will be maintained throughout the process.
Closing Date: 3rd February 2023 and interviews will commence the following week.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.