Website Sigma Sports
Retail Sales Advisor – Saturdays and/or Sundays
We are extremely excited to announce that we are reopening our flagship Hampton Wick store on Sundays. This will be the first time our store will be open on Sundays since March 2020. Aside from opening the store, we will also be reintroducing our customer social rides on a fortnightly basis, and our Sunday staff will also be required to attend these as Ride Captains.
We are looking for Retail Sales Assistants who are passionate about excellent customer service and our products. You will have a keen interest in the cycling world and will be someone that enjoys working with the public and can work as part of a team to promote the best customer experience possible.
Your Key Objectives:
- The key objective is to exceed customer expectations. Ensure that all customers receive a high level of service, including greeting all customers on entering the shop, assisting in their choice of purchases, processing sales through the till system whilst ensuring accuracy at all times.
- Become a product expert in order to provide the level of service required.
- Maintain a professional, positive, helpful, and cheerful attitude at all times.
- Work as part of a team to achieve sales targets and margins by maximizing every sales opportunity.
- Ensure feedback from customers is communicated to the store management.
- Attend regular shop meetings and training sessions, as and when required.
- Assist supervisor/managers with other tasks should they be requested.
- Supporting in all other ways our drive to have the best possible customer service and highest quality stores.
- Help ensure that the shop is presentable at all times and that the stock is clean, tidy, and correctly labelled.
- Help ensure that the daily shop tasks are completed, particularly the end-of-day procedure.
Desirable and Essential Skills and Experience to demonstrate:
- Previous face-to-face customer service experience in a retail setting is preferable.
- A good knowledge of cycling products across a variety of categories is desirable.
- Working Saturdays 08:45 to 17:45 and/or Sundays from 11:00 to 16:00 (from 08:30 on Social Ride Sundays).
- You will have an approachable and friendly demeanour.
- You are attentive to the customer needs with good interpersonal skills to be able to recognise opportunities for up-selling in subtle ways.
- You are able to work as part of a team.
- You will be self-motivated but willing to take instruction if given.
Salary and Benefits:
Hourly rate of £10.00
22 days holiday in addition to published Bank Holidays
Cycle to Work Scheme
Staff Discount Scheme
Salary Exchange Pension Scheme
Various health and wellbeing benefits
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.