Silverfish is a leading private equity backed UK based importer of cycling equipment dealing with an extensive range of performance driven products including some of the finest bikes, components, clothing, and accessories in the world.
We have been supplying the best bike shops in the UK since 1999 and we are fortunate to be partnered with many of the best brands in the industry such as Fox, Race Face, Easton, Yeti Cycles, 100%, SDG, Marzocchi, Michelin and more!
We pride ourselves on our range of high-quality products and the quality service we offer our customers.
Silverfish has ambitious plans to continue its remarkable growth journey within its existing territories of UK, Germany, Austria, and Benelux, as well as exploring opportunities with new brands, in new territories and adjacent categories.
This role will be one of the key links between Silverfish and our FOX customers. It will involve all aspects of FOX sales and technical support. The role will be office based at the FOX Service Centre in Risca and will be responsible for taking and processing FOX sales orders from dealers and consumers with an emphasis on technical product knowledge.
Due to the technical nature of FOX suspension the successful candidate will have a strong interest in mountain bikes and preferably possess knowledge of bicycle suspension technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties of this post will include, though not be limited to:
- Ensuring our IBDs and consumers receive a first-class customer service experience when contacting the FOX Service Centre.
- Take and process telephone orders whilst maximising opportunities to upsell and add value through technical expertise.
- Invoice and process payments for service work.
- Answer technical queries on FOX products by telephone, email, LiveChat and social media.
- Work closely with service centre technicians to ensure all technical support provided to customers is current and accurate.
- Assist customers in identifying parts and technical information relating to their FOX products.
- Contribute to website content to ensure dealers have all of the information they require at their fingertips.
- Manage customer accounts and ensure backorders are processed in a timely and effective way.
- Undertake any sales administration required to ensure the smooth running of FOX sales.
- Ensure dealers are kept abreast of key information regarding FOX product availability or potential delays.
- Undertake annual dealer calls as required to ensure our records are kept up to date and customers are offered accurate information.
- Attend trade shows as and when required to ensure FOX products are well represented.
Skills and Experience/Qualifications
- Experience of working in the bike industry, particularly customer service focussed experience.
- A sound understanding of the UK bike industry, in particular an understanding of independent bike dealers.
- A keen interest in bikes and an ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of suspension terminology.
- Sound knowledge of bike parts and a well-developed grasp of technical issues relating to bike components.
- Highly organised and must be a self-starter with a proven ability to multi-task, use their own initiative to solve problems.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail is critical.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly written and verbal.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and inventory management systems (Sage X3).
Salary and Benefits
We believe in supporting our employees and local community. Everyone who works with us is crucial to our success and plays a vital role in helping us achieve our ambitions.
Our progressive culture and drive to succeed mean we can offer varied and rewarding careers throughout Silverfish. We empower our team, invest in individuals and reward achievement.
Our competitive employee benefits for this role include:
- Basic salary dependent upon experience.
- 25 days annual leave extending to 27 days after 3 years’ service.
- The company operates a pension scheme to which the post holder will be eligible following successful completion of probation period.
- Discretionary company bonus.
- Shorter working week: 9.00am to 5.30pm (Mon-Thu), Friday 2.30pm early finish.
- Discounts on company products
Silverfish is a committed equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job email your details to Sarah.Laing@silverfish-uk.com.