Website The London Cycle Workshop
The London Cycle Workshop is the most established independently owned service & repair business in London with four locations. If you want to join a growing company with a great reputation and passion for all things bicycle, then read on!
Working with us.
In brief, we are inviting experienced mechanics to apply to join our team. We have four shops around South-West and West London and are looking for staff to fill mechanics vacancies in our Battersea and East Sheen shops.
We specialise in servicing and repairs and don’t sell bikes. We do stock a wide range of parts and accessories and expect applicants to have a thorough knowledge of both along with an understanding of how to identify and where to source spare parts.
Due to our reputation for high quality workmanship, we attract a wide variety of bikes and thanks to our fantastic team, are rarely unable to offer repair solutions to our customers. We have a can-do attitude and put strong customer service at the heart of everything we do.
The shops are currently open 9am to 6pm Monday to Saturday. Sunday is for cycling. Most staff work five days a week and one in three Saturdays. A full-time working week is 45 hours, however hours are flexible to accommodate the right candidates. All our staff work as mechanics, although working on the shop floor and serving customers is part of the role too. (Although we have open workshops and all the mechanics serve customers by helping source accessories and assess bikes for servicing.)
- You will be working with a team that loves cycling and all things bike.
- We pay by the hour, currently £12.05, in excess of the London Living Wage.
- 28 days holiday a year.
- We reward great customer service (by buying you dinner for two)!
- Parts and accessories at cost as well as use of workshop facilities!
- Training and upskilling on an ongoing basis, and an induction scheme for new starters to make sure you hit the ground running!
- Referral bonus by recommending a friend for employment.
- We provide you with uniform and other TLCW merch.
- We love going to events and seeing what is new in the cycling world. We offer staff opportunity to attend shows and have organised shop rides (sometimes with beer).
If you would like to join our team or would like to find out more, please email a CV and brief covering letter to HR@tlcw.co.uk. Suitable candidates will be invited for an informal interview and practical assessment.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@tlcw.co.uk.