Website Wildside Cycles
Experienced Bike Fitter-Sales
We are looking to recruit an experienced Bike Fitter for our busy store in Tunbridge Wells. We are one of a select group of UK retailers offering the Retül three-dimensional data motion capture system on a Retül Müve dynamic fit bike. Retül Bike Fit is the key to increased comfort, injury prevention and improved performance. You will offer a professional bike fitting service in our purpose-built Retül Fit studio.
As bike fitting is at the core of everything we do, you will need to understand that process and be able to offer a personalized approach to your clients fit needs, whether it’s using the latest 3d motion capture data, or a more traditional hands-on approach. You will be competent in undertaking full rider assessments to understand your clients body connection with their bike, what their needs are, movement limitations, past injuries, and health. When not fitting you will be proactive in purchasing and sales, adapting client bikes as well as advising on custom builds. You will work alongside our sales team exploiting the 121 time spent with bike fit clients a tool to facilitate high end bike sales and the upselling of parts and accessories.
We are a friendly and welcoming team that all share a passion for all things two wheels of one sort or another. The successful applicant will be able to slot into this group without causing any ripples. You should take extreme pride in your work and only ever accept the best from yourself and other staff. You might currently be working at another busy Bicycle Shop in a different area and be looking to re-locate to the Garden of England Kent.
Ideally you are a Very Keen Cyclist.
20 Days Holidays per year plus Bank Holidays
Immediate Start available.
ABOUT THE JOB
You will be required to:
- Manage your own booking enquiries and gather pre-fit details via the booking system.
- Undertake pre-fit physical assessments (off the bike) to build a picture of your clients muscular/skeletal strengths and weaknesses.
- Perform detailed analysis of your clients feet in order to best recommend shoes, footbed needs, pedals and cleat set up carried out during the process.
- Extract information and data from ride analysis / seeing your clients current ride position and from there, using a mix of experience and motion capture technology to make corrections using our 3D Retül Vantage system.
- Monitor and adjust saddle height and type, saddle fore/aft, crank length, stem length and bar width to explaining the benefits to improve comfort, efficiency to fatigue less, optimise position within limitations and add power.
- Conclude and finalise the digitally measured data to create a ride position bespoke to your client detailed in a PDF report and emailed.
- Produce detailed reports containing the bike measurements, as well as the data on your clients riding needs and goals together with shoe and saddle set up notes.
- You will utilise your 121 time with your bike fit clients effectively as a key sales opportunity, generating profit via new bike sales and the upselling of parts and accessories.
We are ideally looking for a fully certified, dedicated clinical bike fitter that has many years of experience working with riders of all types, from beginners to pro riders. We are however also open to applicants who hold a degree in Sports Therapy and will offer full Retül training once confident in basic bike mechanic skills and familiar with adjusting contact points on a bike.
You will have a passion for the brands Specialized, Colnago, Bianchi and Scott along with a strong cycling background. The new team member must be a forward thinking, self-motivated individual who thrives on results and works well in a team. With our demanding client base, delivering an outstanding level of service must be second nature, so knowledge and awareness of all cycling brands is desired. You will have sales experience in high end bikes and components. We require an individual that shows proactive promotional and sales methods, excellent communication and negotiation skills and the ability to excel in new and unfamiliar situations.
You are computer friendly and with an active Social Media Presence and knowledge .
How to apply: please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: £25K-£35K OTE
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.