Website Lyon Equipment Limited
Reports to: Finance Director
Salary: £35,000+ depending on experience
This is an exciting opportunity to join Lyon Equipment Limited, an employee-owned company serving the outdoor, work at height and rescue markets with ‘equipment and expertise to venture further’. This includes manufacturing our own Lyon brand products, distributing a portfolio of high-end brands and technical training.
Lyon provides a friendly, contemporary, dynamic working environment and values a good work life balance.
We are seeking to appoint a full time Enterprise Resource Planning Specialist to support the senior management team and the needs of the business. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual capable of project managing, supporting and improving existing systems but also able to identify and project manage replacement of core ERP software.
This is a key role to improve our data processing efficiency by analysing current processes, automating tasks and implementing new modules/software.
- Experience in Business Management or Business Information Systems or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Wide experience of ERP/Business software across the whole business process including purchasing/manufacturing/sales/logistics and finance.
- Ideally with previous ERP deployment/implementation experience.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing/MRP; warehouse /inventory management and financial applications.
- Ability to quickly pick up new systems.
- Excellent report writing skills e.g., Crystal reports, SQL, Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Strong aptitude for numbers with experience of multi-currency financial software.
- Competent with full suite of Microsoft Desktop Applications.
- Ability to train and assess competency.
Day to day support and maintenance of Access Supply Chain ERP our current business software including:
- Primary point of contact with software company including liaising with support.
- Implementing new modules/functionality e.g., MRP.
- Scheduling and managing upgrades.
- Importing and updating data using SQL e.g., purchase price, product data.
- Importing customer orders through SQL APIs.
- Integrating with other applications e.g., Our training centre booking system.
- Improving/automating data processing.
- Oversee and expand the automation of processes using Codeless TaskCentre.
- Developing financial/manufacturing reports and document templates (invoices, remittances, statements etc.) using Crystal Reports, SQL views, Excel ODBC.
- Working with all departments to analyse and improve current business processes and to identify and resolve problems.
- Research the software market and identify potential software to meet company requirements to enable sustained growth.
- Identify staff training requirements, carryout staff training on software and systems as required and assess staff competency.
- Assist with the selection and implementation of replacement software from documenting requirements to selection and implementation including data conversion and training of end users.
- Assisting with support, maintenance and improvement of other software including Access CRM (SugarCRM), Cezanne HR and Nice label Pro.
- Supporting Microsoft Office applications.
The successful candidate will be provided with the following:
- Computer, tablet and mobile phone
- All necessary and reasonable stationery and consumables
Hours of work:
This is a full-time office-based position which equates to 37.5 hours per week. We work slightly longer hours Monday – Thursday in order to enjoy an early finish every Friday. These hours are Monday to Thursday 08:00– 17:00 and Friday 08:30 – 14:00.
The benefits include:
- Commencing salary in the region of £35,000 dependent on experience
- 30 days holiday entitlement per annum (pro rata) including public holidays, with loyalty increments
- Generous staff discount (for personal use only) on the products we distribute
- Continued Personal Development opportunities
- Being part of an Employee-Owned Company with the potential to earn a tax-free annual bonus
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free use of Company loan kit when available
- After 3 months of continuous service, inclusion into our qualifying pension scheme, into which we contribute
Upon successful completion of a six-month probationary period:
- The successful candidate will be invited to join our healthcare scheme
Please download an application pack from our website www.lyon.co.uk.
Completed application forms (and accompanying C.V. if you wish) are to be emailed or posted to Julia Aspinall:
Lyon Equipment Limited
Unit 3-7 Tebay Business Park
All applicants are required to complete one of our Lyon application forms; unfortunately, a cv alone will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Monday 4th July 2022, 12noon
Initial online interviews for this post are likely to take place: Week commencing Monday 11th July 2022
Second round interviews will take place: Week commencing 18th July 2022
To apply for this job email your details to Julia@lyon.co.uk.