Website Rutland Cycling
Do you have a passion for bikes & retail? Are you a people’s person who has hunger to deliver exceptional customer service? Would you like to work for an award-winning retailer? Well look no further!
We are currently looking for a Deputy Manager to join our flagship cycling store located on Rutland Water’s beautiful North Shore. The store is home to a large workshop staffed by passionate trained mechanics. Also on site, we have a BikeFit service and an unrivalled cycle hire.
Purpose of the Deputy Manager
- To assist the Store Manager to effectively manage and maintain a profitable and sales driven store, to a high standard, delivering excellent customer care.
- To help motivate and inspire the team to achieve individual and company targets
- To ensure the safety and security of staff and stock.
What you’ll do
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and the smooth running of shifts
- Keyholder and alarm contact
- Issuing daily duties and following-up to ensure completion and compliance
- Stock accuracy and amendments
- Investigations under the disciplinary process
- Ensuring the effective scheduling of staff, and taking action to address issues
- Awareness and responsibility for security of stock and staff
- Ensuring colleagues are compliant with training and legality as required
- Banking and reporting to the Finance department
- In addition, the requirements and responsibilities of a Team Leader are also expected from the role of Deputy Store Manager
What we are looking for
- Excellent customer service focus
- Strong market knowledge within the cycle and leisure industry
- Commercially astute to be able to identify & exploit opportunities given the store’s location and customer base
- Driven sales record with the desire to meet budgeted sales and profit targets
- Ability to operate at a strategic level, particularly when deputising for the Store Manager, including effective planning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to assist in leading the store team, and to build working relationships with senior management across the company
- Consistently seeking improvement in own performance and that of others
- A high level or self-motivation and awareness
- Proficient IT skills using EPOS and similar
If you believe this fits your skills & experience then don’t delay and apply today! We’d love to hear from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous employee discount
- Free on-site parking
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Store discount
- Wellness programme
- Bonus scheme
Job Location: Rutland Water, Whitwell, North Shore, LE15 8BL
Salary: £27,000 – £29,000 pa
How to apply: Email CV to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.