Website Alpine Bikes
At Alpine Bikes we’re more than just a specialist bike retailer.
We’re a community of riders, of climbers, down hillers, bike packers and adventurers. We know that one day’s riding can make your week and that any journey on two wheels is never wasted.
Our history and heritage is woven into the fabric of Scottish cycling but if you want to be part of our future then your ride starts here….
Deputy Manager – Alpine Bikes Marchmont, Edinburgh
The Deputy Manager role is key to the successful operation of our store. You will form part of the management team and will be responsible for ensuring that the highest levels of customer service are provided in store.
The position is full time and the successful candidate will be expected to flexible including working weekends as required.
What does a day look like?
Out stores can be incredibly varied, and no two days are ever quite the same! However, you can expect to:
- Lead and motivate the team, supporting the Store Manager in ensuring that our team provide an engaging atmosphere for our customers
- Delegate tasks to the team and ensure these are completed to high standards
- Open and close the store, including completing all cashing up procedures
- Share your expertise and connect with our customers as you assist them in purchasing the right gear to enjoy their ride
- Maintain our excellent shop floor standards and ensure the store is a beautiful and engaging place for our customers to shop
- Ensure the workshop is running efficiently and effectively and that all workshop tasks are completed to a high standard in a timely manner
- Support the merchandising of the store by ensuring that products are in the right place and in the right quantities
- Research and resolve customer issues
Who are we looking for?
What makes a good Deputy Manager at Alpine Bikes? We believe you need:
- A positive attitude
- It is essential that the successful candidate is a technical end user of the products we sell, has a keen and active interest in cycling
- An active life and a passion for the outdoors
- A friendly and confident manner
- The ability to learn
- A passion for our products and be an ambassador for our values and our brand
- An experience in a similar supervisory role would be beneficial but is not essential.
What will I get?
We believe in rewarding our colleagues for their hard work, and our benefits package reflects this:
- Salary from £22,150 per annum
- 40% colleague discount rate with access to Pro Deals from our suppliers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Healthshield cash back healthcare scheme
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Extensive training
- The ability to progress
To apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.