Cycles Assistant Manager (Customer Support)
40 Hours 09.00-17.30
We offer hybrid working
Everyone has a story. What’s yours?
Sonder is one of the UK’s fastest growing bike brands. Our bikes are obsessively conceived and expertly built. We’re synonymous with gravel riding, though our heritage goes far beyond, with northern hardtails, full sus bikes in the range, and E-bikes on the horizon. We are looking for a Sales Advisor to join our team and cement our reputation for award winning service. We are looking for a motivated manager, with a passion for cycling and service. We don’t over complicate, we love bikes. We make bikes our customers (and staff) are going to love riding. They get you out more, further, and faster. Do you have a passion for bikes? Can you instill that passion into others?
What you’ll be doing?
You’ll work with the Customer Support manager to lead the Sonder Customer Support team. Your team will help our customers buy bikes, advise on the best bike to order for a certain type of riding, and take ownership of the ordering, scheduling build, delivery, and aftersales process. Customer service is at the core of the Sonder experience – as a cyclist you’ll know about the process that goes in to making the decision to pull the trigger on that new bike. We’re committed to making that experience as easy and enjoyable as possible and you’ll be key to making sure that we uphold our incredibly high standards of service.
What are Your Responsibilities?
- Responsible for allocating daily workload of the Sonder Customer Support Team to ensure we hit targets.
- Responsible for reporting service level agreements to CS manager and wider Sonder team.
- Resolving high care customer issues in a swift and positive manner.
- Working closely with web team to resolve any web experience issues.
- Working closely with wider team to continually improve service levels and customer journey.
- Responsible for inducting new staff members into Sonder Customer Support team and aid with training for wider support team.
- Keep up to date with industry developments and new product launches.
- Work with store teams & manager to ensure consistency of knowledge & service across locations.
- Work closely with Buying & Merchandising, Bike Build, Warehouse and web teams to ensure smooth process flow.
- Maximising team interactions with prospective customers.
What do the Sonder Support team do?
- Provide fast, accurate, personal responses to customer emails, live chats, and phone calls
- Helping customers spec a bike and offering amazing service throughout a customer’s sales journey.
- Guiding the customer from point of sale to bike delivery.
- Liaising with various departments to ensure bike delivery is smooth and trouble free.
- Quality checking of initial order and various QC checks throughout the bike building process.
- Scheduling new bike orders based on bike availability and workshop capacity.
- Payment processing from Klarna, Cycle to Work schemes and PayPal.
- Customer enquiries generated from scheduling email, which can include ETA changes, spec changes and additions.
- Introducing yourself to Sonder customers and maintaining the relationship throughout the process and beyond.
- General Sonder Customer Service enquiries from warranty, technical and sales call/emails.
Customer experience is placed at the heart of Alpkit operations. We strive to be with our customer throughout their journey with us. Our entire operation works to continually improve the Alpkit experience for our customers, from increasing product range and performance, to addressing customer concerns such as minimising plastic use and improving our internal systems to advance our service. We are a multi-award-winning adventure sports brand and retailer. Our pursuit of great customer experience is at the core of what we do.
- Strong technical understanding of bikes and their components.
- admin skills – focused & diligent.
- Computer literate with ability to use Word, Excel, & Mac based apps.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Confident and optimistic
- Natural salesperson
- Passionate about bikes, specs, and components
- Affinity towards Alpkit ethos and products
- Motivated to develop skills, knowledge, and role
- Enjoy leading a team
- Calm and patient
- Self-starter / problem solver
- Strong attention to detail
Perks of the job
Ability to buy extra holiday, Alpkit discount for you, your family and friends, life insurance, cycle to work scheme, enhanced pension contributions, commuting subsidy for those that travel to work in a greener way! We are environmentally and sustainability conscious and we promote a learning culture.
We value all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Express yourself, join our community and help us “go nice places, do good things.”
How to apply
If you are interested then we would love to hear from you; email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating the position you are applying for.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.