Website The Electric Bike Shop
Assistant Store Manager, Uckfield
The Electric Bike Shop is looking for a Full Time Assistant Store Manager in Uckfield. Whether it be for the weekday commute or weekend pursuits, our customers have very different preferences. What they all have in common is a genuine excitement when they’re presented with their cycling products & you are looked upon not just as a representative of The Electric Bike Shop, but as an ambassador for cycling.
Your role is to ensure that you & the team deliver this through sharing your passion, contributing to a quality customer experience & doing what’s right. We’re a growing company, but we operate like a local, independent bike shop & it’s your responsibility to promote this mentality through coaching the team to offer great service & exceed our customers’ expectations every single day. Your role doesn’t just stop there.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Ensure a tailored approach to customer service is offered by you & your team & that the right product is suggested to every customer:
- Monitor the selling techniques the team employ, ensuring they’re using a subtle, genuine & intelligent approach that complements our values.
- Ensure that customers are aware of the best way to make their purchase through our offers & schemes including; GCI, finance options, insurance policies & our after care.
- Ensure till & cash processes are being followed by the book.
- Handle escalated customer queries & complaints, liaising with customer relations to identify solutions immediately.
- Manage the order book, customer orders & carry out related duties.
- Ensure product knowledge is exceptionally high & utilised with every customer interaction.
- Set the priorities for the day, breaking down these into tasks for specific team members.
- Work alongside the Workshop Manager to ensure that the workshop job load is manageable & that the priorities are clearly set out in the workshop diary.
- Ensure that the shop floor & workshop teams are aware of each other’s priorities to promote a mutual appreciation & understanding of everyone’s workload.
- Actively seek to understand people related processes & the tools available to support with these such as recruitment, induction, training, disciplinaries & grievances. You should be able to assist your Manager as required.
- Complete sales reports
- The successful candidate will have strong problem solving skills and demonstrate an ability to use their initiative whilst working independently as well as working as part of a well-established close knit team.
We are looking for someone with previous experience in a similar role who is ready to take a step up to the next level.
- Competitive salary
- Generous staff purchase scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays per year, plus a non contractual extra day off for your birthday and an extra 3 days leave around Christmas.
- Employee healthcare scheme and employee assistance programme
Full-time hours: 37.5 hours per week across Monday – Saturday
- Expected start date: ASAP
- Job Types: Full -time, Permanent
- Salary: £23K-26K per annum depending on experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.