Website Balfe's Bikes
At Balfe’s it is all about people. And bikes! It is the passion, energy, and enthusiasm of all our colleagues throughout the business, which makes Balfe’s a great place to work.
Joining Balfe’s means you will be working with like-minded people, and you will have opportunities to develop your skills and experience, and plenty of career progression if you want it.
Assistant Store Manager (ASM) overview:
As an Assistant Store Manager, or Assistant Manager, you are responsible for supporting the Store Manager in the daily business operations of the store. General tasks include supervising employees, communicating with, and helping customers and carrying out directives given by the Store Manager, or in their absence Area Manager.
What you’ll be doing at Balfe’s
We’re on the lookout for an Assistant Manager to join our team on a full-time basis. As part of the team, you’ll be:
- Leading and managing the team within store and providing support to the Store Manager
- Working closely with the Store Manager to continually improve performance and drive KPI’s
- Managing the P&L and maximising every sales opportunity
- Orderbook Management:
- Arranging order collections on bikes, parts, accessories, and clothing
- Driving your team to achieve weekly targets through effective orderbook management
- Knowing your orderbook
- Managing ETA’s, updating customers, accurate note taking on orders to maintain excellent customer service.
- Inspiring and motivating your team to deliver excellent customer service
- Coaching and developing your team members in all aspects of their role
- Leading by example and improving your teams selling skills and always looking to offer exceptional customer service.
- Keyholder Responsibility
- Opening/Closing store.
- Cashing up
- Maintain high Health & Safety standards and adhere to all Health & Safety policies.
- Follow all risk assessments and safe systems of work relevant to your role.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post-holder will be expected to participate in this process, and we would aim to reach agreement on any changes.
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience of leading a team or management experience
- Understand and comply with all health and safety procedures
- Advise and recommend products and services to suit customer need and budget
- Use skills and knowledge to drive the store
- Demonstrates a positive approach to all their work and gives the best of themselves to every task and challenge
- Understanding of how to assemble bikes and/or passion for cycling
- Ability to drive sales through excellent service
- Ability to motivate a team with effective communication
What’s in it for you? Plenty. We offer our team a pretty nice package of perks (even if we do say so ourselves), including:
- Cycle to Work initiative
- Excellent staff discounts
- Performance bonuses
- 28 Days Annual Leave
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.